Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Starting Dinner

It's one of those moments when you catch yourself sounding just like your mother.

"Now, what am I going to make for dinner?"

Seriously though. What am I going to make?

Like most folks, we work. A lot. And by the time we get home we just stand in the kitchen staring at each other snacking from a bag of chips if we don't plan it out. So, I'm working on weekly meal plans at the start of each week to a)  keep the grocery bill under control and b) be able to mindlessly waltz into the kitchen when I get home and start throwing things in a pot.
Also, it prevents the asking of an age old question for which I would like to issue thousands of apologies to my mother.

"What's for dinner?"

This week's line up.

Monday: Greek Night, Pastitsio & Spanekopeta (yes, there should have been a Greek Salad to really round this one out, but at least there was a vegetable somewhere in there).
Tuesday: Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry. From a bag in the freezer section. I win no culinary awards for this one, but I did maintain sanity because let's be honest, I can not pull together a "real" meal 7 nights a week. Nor should I :)
Wednesday: Enchilada Casserole courtesy of my dad's cousin Amy who inherited it from her mom.
Thursday: Italian Paninis. Borrowed and improved (at least I think so) this recipe from the little booklet that came with our Mario Batalli grill press.
Friday: Chicken Quesadillas. I leave this one up to the male chef in the house. However, I did cook the chicken at the same time as I prepped the Enchilada Casserole on Wednesday morning.


Pics and recipes to follow.
Here we go.

1 comment:

  1. Beth! Congrats on starting a blog! I look forward to reading your posts. You are the next Martha Stewart

    ReplyDelete