Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I like chips.
I like cheetos, salt & vinegar chips, the cheddar & sour cream ruffles, tortilla chips, nacho chips, doritos...
And before I fully digress into a Bubba Gump style list of ways I like to eat chips I will segue into the purpose of this post.
A good way to eat more chips and still not become a social outcast is to eat chips with varying dips and salsas.
For instance, if you are going to a party and you know you will probably eat more chips than anyone else bring a really great dip with you and then pretend it wasn't yours.
You can then say things like "I don't know who made this dip but it is out of this world. I just can't stop eating it!"
At this point you are complimenting a mystery chef and not just eating an extremely large quantity of chips. WIN! WIN!
I recently made pico de gallo twice in one weekend and although I did not deny making it or compliment any imaginary chefs I did eat a LOT of this pico and consequently a LOT of chips.

This recipe is quite similar to one I made a few months back but with some slight variations and I think it was pretty tasty.


 You need these vegetables, a lime for its juice, & salt.


Quarter the veggies and throw them in the chopper or actually dice them yourself. Batch one I left all jalapeno seeds in (hott schmott). Batch two I left 50% of the seeds in (perf!).


Add salt & lime to taste.

 Add cilantro.
 Game on. Where's the chips???




1 comment:

  1. Looks super delish! I used Mr Chopper for salsa for the first time last weekend and loved it. I used green onion instead of white, kosher salt, roma tomatoes, and jalapeno but didn't have any cilantro or limes (fail!) I'm trying it again this week with your recipe...stay tuned :-)

    ReplyDelete