Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2011

You're only 5-7 ingredients away from great food!

[I started this post weeks ago... but better late than never I'd say!]

Refreshed by a weekend of great country music & spa treatments I bring you two excellent and easy dishes.

Goat Cheese Marinara

I first fell madly in love with this flavorful little delight at  Twist: a tapas cafe. My bestie and roomie of some years loved to frequent this joint for a special event or just a guaranteed good meal. It was always the first thing we ordered... no questions asked.
I thought to myself, "Self, this can't be rocket science, let's give it a whirl."
And whirl, I did.

5 Ingredients to d.e.l.i.s.h.

Olive Oil, Basil, Minced Garlic, Goat Cheese, Marinara Sauce


Preheat oven to 350 (I'm pretty sure I did 350, but it's been a while... oops)
Pat your goat cheese into about a half inch thick patty in the center of a shallow dish.
Pour marinara sauce around it like a moat. 
Sprinkle with basil.
Bake for 20ish minutes until a little bubbly.

While it's baking, slice a loaf of good bread.

Make a little paste with the minced garlic and olive oil.
Brush onto some of the bread slices.
Slide these into the oven for about 8 minutes.
Notice how my stoneware is gaining a little character! yay!
Enjoy!






Spaghetti Carbonara

Ever need a dinner that isn't the same old thing but also doesn't require much thinking?
I sure do. Adam will tell you he could be happy eating the same four things forever: mac n cheese, quesadillas, fettucini alfredo, chicken parmesan. Not this gal. I need variety... it is the spice of life after all.

7 ingredients to [insert 7 letter word for good food here. Sorry folks, my brain has left the station]

Spaghetti, Eggs, Olive Oil, Parmesan, Chopped Ham, Garlic, Sour Cream

The nice thing is that pretty much this whole recipe is pantry staples. Except the ham. I don't always have ham. But I froze a few slices after the last time I made a little spiral ham and they came in pretty darn handy.

Boil your noodles according to package directions. 
Drain & save some of the liquid. I saved most of it, just in case but you only need 1/2 c. or so.















Heat a skillet, add ham just long enough to warm it up (2-5 minutes).

Add the pasta and mix thoroughly.

In a separate bowl combine the cheese, sour cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and garlic. Combine well. Add the reserve pasta water to the egg mixture. Combine well. Add all this to your pasta and ... you guessed it, Combine Well.






And there you have it. Spaghetti Carbonara.


Borrowed from Cooking Light


No comments:

Post a Comment