Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

His & Hers Mac n Cheese





We don't generally get into this whole his & hers business. We have one car, one bank account, one calendar, but when it came to making some creamy cheesy baked goodness I had to make a differentiation. 
As previously mentioned, I'm on the next train out of Fatsville so I adapted a classic mac n cheese recipe to fit my dietary needs. Adam, however, is not a fan of the lighter version of classically rich meals so I amped his up to include his new found love of good cheese.

The classic recipe:
melt 1 Tb butter, add 1 Tb flour, stir until smooth (or as I like to refer to this step "roux it up")
slowly add 1 cup milk, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
Add 1/2 cup cheese,  approx 2 cups cooked mac
top with another 1/2 cup of cheese, bread crumbs, bake until bubbly, voila!

You can double, triple, add, subtract, make it your own this thing till the cows come home.
For mine, I used the single recipe, light/low-fat versions of everything and carefully measured the portions:

Hers: pre-baking
For Adam's, I used 6 cheeses and the "regular fat" versions of everything:
Manchego, Sharp Cheddar, Merlot Cheese, Provolone, Irish Cheddar, Parmesan

His: coming together into gooey goodness before baking

His: Bubbling and piping hot!




No comments:

Post a Comment