Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Starting to try new foods

In our house growing up my mom had a phrase to get us to try new foods that has stuck with us all.

"Try it. You might have grown a new taste bud." 

I recently discovered a taste bud that is oh so fond of V8 V-fusion drinks. I know I don't get enough fruits & veggies in a day and these are delish!
This juice doesn't just look delightful, my friends.

Also, in an effort to satisfy my craving for salt & vinegar chips (stop the rumors right there- not a pregnant craving, I always love these) & to meet my calorie-counting needs I tried POPchips and whoa mama! they are go-od!

I should put some of those google ads at the bottom of my page so I can at least make a little moolah for my product endorsements. Maybe if V8 & POPchips have a surge in sales in the Chicago market they'll come knocking on my door with one of those giant checks!

Well, let's see... what else have I made in the last few days?

Banana Bread
adapted from a bunch of websites & my brain
warning: i'm starting to feel a little wacky, there is definitely chair dancing* going on while i write this one

*chair dancing: the act of dancing from the waist up while sitting in a chair. often includes swaying, head bobbing, and finger pointing


[preheat your oven to 325]
1 stick of room temperature butter (yes, I'm still working through my freezer stash of buddah)
1 cup of granulated sugar (I was really tempted to type sugah just now)
[whip those together]
2 large eggs aka grande juevos
[whip those in one at a time until you have some fluffy goodness]
3 ripe bananas (more than a few brown spots if you know what I mean)
1 tablespoon milk (a splash will do)
a serious sprinkle of cinnamon
[mash 'em till the sun don't shine]
[combine the fluffy goodness with the mashed mess]
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon each of baking soda, baking powder, salt
[combine dry ingredients]
[bring the whole gang together until just combined]
[Grease a loaf pan: I got to debut a new pampered chef loaf pan courtesy of mi madre]
[bake for an hour-ish until an unused toothpick comes out clean]





Let it cool for 10-15 minutes

While this was cooling I toasted some chopped walnuts (bake them on 350 for 7ish minutes to let the flavors take on new life)
Then I served warm slices with the nuts, honey, and butter. 
Obviously you could add the nuts in during baking if that's your style.



OH I ALMOST FORGOT-
I was recently presented with the prestigious Wife of the Week Award.
It was super exciting. I was nominated for making a weekday morning breakfast.
I made it to feed my hubs & start his day of right, but also I really needed to make something fatty on my new baking stone so it could get seasoned and biscuits were a recommended item. 



Biscuits, cheesy scrambled eggs, jonagold apple





1 comment:

  1. Beth~ I have been following your blog! and I am impressed....you look like you are a very good cook....Lucky Adam.... Carrie

    ReplyDelete